Piazza de ferrari
History of Piazza de ferrari at Genoa
The square of Ferrari is the main square of Genoa; It was born from the junction of two neighboring squares, which explains the differences in styles between its buildings. Part of the square was obtained in the 20th century. By smoothing the San Andrea hill; Four large palaces of eclectic style have been built, belonging to companies or institutions. It is the starting point of three long streets: Via Dante, Via XX September and Via Petrarca. The oldest part of the square was Piazza San Domenico; It contains neoclassical buildings from the early nineteenth century. Made by Carlo Barabino: the Carlo Felice Theater and the Palace of the Linguistic Academy. In front of the theater is the equestrian statue of Garibaldi realized by Augusto Rivalta (1893). From the theater there are two important streets: the elegant Via Roma with its shops, its shops and its Mazzini gallery, and the Via XXV Aprile which leads to Piazza delle Fontane Marose. The square also contains the Palazzo Ducale and two other palaces from the 16th century, restored in the 18th century. In the center is the large bronze fountain made in 1936 by Giuseppe Crosa di Vergagni. The place is the place of most political, cultural and festive events.
Editorial content Monument Tracker ©