History of Via balbi at Genoa
It connects Piazza della Nunziata, the headquarters of the Basilica Santissima Annunziata del Vastato, in the piazza Acquaverde, adjacent to the Genoa-Piazza-Principe railway station. It was built between 1601 and 1618 by Bartolomeo Bianco on the instructions of the very rich banker Stefano Balbi. It has hardly changed since its construction, if not the construction of the square of the station with its many luxury hotels (1860). The street has numerous prestigious buildings that often house public institutions: Royal Palace, University Headquarters with Faculties of Jurisprudence, Political Science, Letters and Philosophy, University Library, Library of the 16th century. Having belonged to the Jesuits. Several beautiful palaces belong or belonged to the Balbi family: Palazzo Durazzo-Pallavicini, Palazzo Gio Francesco Balbi, Palazzo Balbi-Senarega, Palazzo Francesco Maria Balbi Piovera, Palazzo Reale ex Palazzo Stefano Balbi. A street to visit for its beautiful facades.
Editorial content Monument Tracker ©