Eastern facade - grand palace
History of Eastern facade - grand palace at Brussels
From right to left Alsemberg: built in 1699, with a portal in blue stone and an oculus on the gable. House of the Dukes of Brabant: it regroups 7 houses of classical baroque style behind the same facade of Guillaume de Bruyn, it is decorated by busts of the Dukes of Brabant. Next are the following 7 houses: Renown, L'Ermitage, Fortune are three private houses. The Windmill: house of the corporation of millers. The Pot of Tin: home of the corporation of the Carpenters and Charrons. The Colline: house of the corporation of the four crowns (sculptors, masons, stonemasons, slates). The Bourse has a sign that represents a purse.
Editorial content Monument Tracker ©