History of Radhus at Copenhagen
The Town Hall was inaugurated in 1905: it was designed by Martin Nyrop in the national romantic style, but the architect also drew some of his inspiration from the Town Hall of Siena. The facade is rich in decorations, with rows of different windows and various sizes, two turrets rising from the façade, a golden statue of Absalom, archbishop from 1158 to 1192, decorative battlements, and high tower accessible to the public . A universal clock indicates all kinds of hours and positions of the planets. The town hall contains a huge inner hall covered with a canopy.
Editorial content Monument Tracker ©