Bridge of aquitaine
History of Bridge of aquitaine at Bordeaux
Company Bernard Campenon, with Jean Fayeton, architect, 1960-67 for the Ministry of Public Works and the City of Bordeaux. The stone bridge, completed in 1822, remained the only way to cross the Garonne ... until 1965 and 1967, when the Saint-Jean bridge and then the Pont d'Aquitaine were successively inaugurated. This work develops in three spans chanted by two pylons of an extreme sobriety. It is a technical feat. It stretches over a total length of 1767 meters its 679 meters suspended apron dominates the river more than 53 meters.
Editorial content Monument Tracker ©