Privacy and GDPR, we don’t make any business with your personal datas even if we may appear old school. When you buy offline or book via the app, we cover our costs and pay salaries to our passionate staff and you allow us to continue the journey 🙂
- Introduction and General Terms
- Who are we ?
- What information will Monument Tracker collect about me ?
- How will Monument Tracker use the information it collects about me ?
- Your Monument Tracker account
- When will Monument Tracker contact me ?
- Will I be contacted for marketing purposes ?
- Will Monument Tracker share my personal information with anyone else ?
- Offensive or inappropriate content on Monument Tracker websites
- How long will Monument Tracker keep my information ?
- Can I delete my data ?
- Can I find out what personal information Monument Tracker holds about me ?
- What if I am accessing Monument Tracker websites and app outside the EU ?
- Web browser cookies
- Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting
- Apps and devices
- Changes to Monument Tracker’s Privacy & cookies Policy
- Other Monument Tracker Operations
- Keeping your information safe
- Your rights on your personal data processing
Monument Tracker is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using Monument Tracker services. We want our services to be safe and useful environments for our audience. This Privacy & cookies Policy relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you via the following online services:
- Any Monument Tracker website that links to this Privacy & cookies Policy
- Social media or official Monument Tracker content on other websites
- Apple and Android Mobile devices
- Web site contact form
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, chatbot, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
In order to provide you with the full range of Monument Tracker services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
This Privacy & cookies Policy explains the following:
- What information Monument Tracker may collect about you
- How Monument Tracker will use information we collect about you
- When Monument Tracker may use your details to contact you
- Whether Monument Tracker will disclose your details to anyone else
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us
Monument Tracker is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (these laws are referred to collectively in this Privacy & cookies Policy as the “data protection laws”). No website can be completely secure; if you have any concerns that your Monument Tracker account could have been compromised e.g. someone could have discovered your password, please get in touch straight away.
Monument Tracker is a French-headquartered and high-value services company whose positioning consists in helping entreprises of any size to capitalize as much as possible on their data patrimony without compromising the integrity, the confidentiality and the security of individuals personal data.
Our online services
Our global website www.Monument-Tracker.com,
Our mobile apps under Monument Tracker editor’s name on both apple and android stores
Other companies might reference Monument Tracker-branded services. These companies must operate to Monument Tracker standards but please make sure you always check the Privacy & cookies Policy of the websites you use so you know who runs the website and how they will use your data.
When we refer to ‘’we’’ or ‘’our’’ or ‘’Monument Tracker’’ we are referring to all Monument Tracker branches, subsidiaries, activities in the world.
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of Monument Tracker’s services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, web and mobile notifications, telephone or text Monument Tracker, book tickets for a Monument Tracker event or create an account using Monument Tracker’s online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, gender or date of birth, as well as information collected about your use of Monument Tracker services (such as what you read or watch on Monument Tracker Online, items you have “added” or bought when signed in to your Monument Tracker account).
Where we provide personalised services, we may ask your permission to review third party data about you, for example, your facebook Twitter or LinkedIn feeds, to get to know you better and to provide more effective personalisation. Some of our services enable you to sign-in via a third party service, such as Facebook. If you choose to sign-in via a third party app, you will be presented with a dialog box which will ask your permission to allow Monument Tracker to access your personal information (e.g. your full name, date of birth, email address and any other information you have made publicly accessible). Please note that any information that is not required by the particular service you have opted to use will not be retained by Monument Tracker
Monument Tracker will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- All collected informations will be exclusively dedicated to better your travel experience by providing you the relevant contents within the 150 000 points of interests accordingly to your preferences within the app or through our newsletters. From one destination to another, we may suggest you the top20 to visit accordingly to the type of monuments, restaurants or shows you visited in a previous destination. We want to become your favorite travelcompanion and personal butler.
- You will never be contacted by any third part as your loyalty is important to us.
- Where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity on our services, so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored service. For instance we will propose you collaborative and private forums where some special contents of interests will be distributed. If you are signed-in or subscribed to email newsletters, you will receive a personalised service. If you don’t want to receive these services you can unsubscribe from email newsletters, or disable personalisation. Please visit Your Account in Using Monument Tracker to find out more
- To provide our services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries
- To use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries, and to determine whether you are accessing the services from France or the EU or not
- For analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services offered by Monument Tracker
- We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes
- The data collected by Monument Tracker won’t be shared with partners we are working with : Lafourchette, com, ticketmaster, groupon, ceetiz, therefore pay attention to their conditions when you need to create an account based on their policy
- The chatbot uses artificial intelligence to identify and understand your preferences while you navigate in the app and thanks to your geolocation about what you visit. This helps our chatbot to select within the 150 000 points of interest of our database the more relevant elements for your satisfaction. You can at any time modify the criterias and preferences within the app in your profile.
Where Monument Tracker proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. Please see section 18 below for details.
Monument Tracker will always ensure that the personal data we may have on you is up-to-date. For this we will contact you on a regular basis to ask you to validate the data you’ve entered on any of our websites, mobile app or online services while registering.
If you have registered for a Monument Tracker account this will also allow you to login to Monument Tracker website for your location and some other Monument Tracker websites and apps.
You might be asked to use your Monument Tracker account on other Monument Tracker services to enable you to sign in and seamlessly enjoy Monument Tracker services. For example, you need a Monument Tracker account to be able to create and use an account for accessing a new Monument Tracker knowledge sharing application. Creating an account enables you to memorize your visits, share with friends your favorites, being advised accordingly to your tastes of spots to visit, keep and check your to-visit list. This gives you a better experience by enabling you to watch your purchased programmes in Monument Tracker iPlayer.
To enable this functionality, some information needs to be shared between the different parts of Monument Tracker that are providing you with a service. So, if you have a Monument Tracker global account, your registration details will be shared between Monument Tracker legal entities.
Creating a Monument Tracker account doesn’t mean you won’t have to create an account in our partner’s environment. In fact as we collaborate with Ceetiz for local activities, Lafourchette for restaurants booking, Groupon for deals, booking.com for hotel facilities, Ticketmaster for shows ticketing, you may be required to create an account with them as well. We are not responsible for those partners, please check each time carefully their policy.
Your Monument Tracker account will always be covered by the policies of its website and mobile apps. But, please be aware that additional policies may apply if your Monument Tracker account is linked to another account. For example a specific account to access specific services.
Since you may use our service once a year, we keep your informations for 3 years to help you finding from one trip to the following accurate contents related to your preferences.
Monument Tracker may contact you:
- In relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that Monument Tracker can deliver the services to you, e.g. to verify your email when you sign up for a Monument Tracker account, or to help you reset your password or to check if you still want to use the service (if your account is dormant)
- In relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Monument Tracker products or services
- In relation to any personalised services you are using
- In relation to any contribution you have submitted to Monument Tracker, e.g. on Monument Tracker message boards or via text or voicemail message
- To invite you to participate in surveys about Monument Tracker services (participation is always voluntary)
- To update you on any material changes to Monument Tracker’s policies and practices
Local pages will give you detailed information about how Monument Tracker will contact you in relation to specific services, activities or online content.
We will never contact you to ask for your Monument Tracker account password, or other login information. Please be cautious if you receive any emails or calls from people asking for this information and claiming to be from Monument Tracker.
Monument Tracker will only send you emails or contact you on Monument Tracker platforms where you have agreed to this. We may personnalise the message content based upon any information you have provided to us and your use of Monument Tracker platforms.
We may use information which we hold about you to show you relevant content from Monument Tracker internally or various possible third party sites (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, dedicated professional social networks or forums). This could involve showing you a message where we know you have a Monument Tracker account and have used Monument Tracker products and services. If you want to stop all personalised services from Monument Tracker, including targeted messages on third party sites you can visit Your Account in Using Monument Tracker and disable personalisation there.
We will keep your information within Monument Tracker except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, including for child protection reasons) or as described in this section and section 9.
Generally, we will use your information within Monument Tracker and will only share it outside Monument Tracker where you have requested it or given your consent when any obvious need is shown
We may share your personal information internally (i.e. with other Monument Tracker divisions), for example, we share some personal data associated with specific professional interests or content to better tailor our services to you and your enterprise.
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to Monument Tracker websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior on any Monument Tracker service, Monument Tracker may use your personal information to stop such behavior.
Where Monument Tracker reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Monument Tracker may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behavior.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Monument Tracker. If you delete your Monument Tracker account then your personal information is deleted immediately, and the remaining information is anonymised for analytical purposes. For further information about deleting your Monument Tracker account, please see section 11 below.
If you have not used your Monument Tracker account in the last three years then your account may be classed as dormant or may even have been deleted in line with our Privacy & cookies Policy. We will email to remind you before deletion so please check your inbox regularly to see if we have sent you any emails about this.
You can always delete your Monument Tracker account. Find out how to delete your account here.
As explained in section 10 above, deleting your Monument Tracker account will erase any personal information in your account that we have about you and it will mean any data we hold about how you have used Monument Tracker will be made anonymous.
Deleting your Monument Tracker account will not delete the data you shared with Monument Tracker for reasons that are not connected with your Monument Tracker account. For example, if you apply for Monument Tracker Shows, Tours & Take Part, we will keep your data so that we can manage that service and tell you about future shows you might like (if you have asked to be kept updated).
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Monument Tracker holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification. We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files, in such a case, please email dataprotection@Monument-Tracker.com.
We will need two copies of forms of identification, which can be:
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill (from last 3 months)
- Current vehicle registration document
- Bank statement (from last 3 months)
- Rent book (from last 3 months)
Monument Tracker website is international (Monument-Tracker.com), it is made available to international users accessing the website from outside the EU, by Monument Tracker ‘s commercial subsidiaries. All personal information submitted by users outside France or the EU will be processed in accordance with this Privacy & cookies Policy (and any local terms that apply to certain areas of the site). Where there is a conflict, the local terms will apply.
- a) What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (all referred to here as a “device”) web browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your web browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. Similar technologies are also often used within emails to understand whether the email has been read or if any links have been clicked. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Monument Tracker website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
On Monument Tracker websites, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our websites to your interests.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to understand the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. It also helps us recognise when you are signed in to your Monument Tracker account and to provide a more personalised experience. For example, if on a previous visit you went to our education pages, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight educational information on your second and subsequent visits. Monument Tracker uses this type of information to help improve the services it provides to its users.
- b) Third party cookies in embedded content on Monument Tracker pages
Please note that during your visits to Monument Tracker websites you may notice some cookies that are not related to Monument Tracker or Monument Tracker’s contractors.
To support our constant will to improve our degree of excellence, we sometimes embed content from social media and other third party websites. These may include YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn…As a result, when you visit a page containing such content, you may be presented with cookies from these websites and these third party cookies may track your use of Monument Tracker website. Monument Tracker does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party’s website for more information. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Monument Tracker website. However, you can find out about changing your cookie settings here.
Where Monument Tracker embeds content from social media and other third party websites, some websites may use Google Analytics to collect data about user behavior for their own purposes. Monument Tracker does not control this. For more information, see the Google webpage “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”.
- c) Monument Tracker cookies and how to reject cookies
It is important to note that if you change your settings and block certain cookies, you will not be able to take full advantage of some features of Monument Tracker services, and we might not be able to provide some features you have previously chosen to receive.
- d) Other information collected from web browsers
Your web browser may also provide Monument Tracker with information about your device, such as an IP address and details about the browser that you are using. We use information provided by your browser or by the link that you have clicked to understand the webpage that directed you to Monument Tracker Online and this may be captured by performance cookies.
DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing is not tracked, such as by third party ad networks, social networks and analytic companies. This website does not currently respond to DNT requests.
When you download or use Monument Tracker apps on your mobile device, information may be accessed from or stored to your device. Most often this is used in a similar way to a web browser cookie, such as by enabling the app to ‘remember’ you or provide you with the content you have requested.
Your web browser or device may also provide Monument Tracker with information about your device, such as a device identifier or IP address. Device identifiers may be collected automatically, such as the device ID, IP address, MAC address, IMEI number and app ID (a unique identifier relating to the particular copy of the app you are running).
If you have any concerns about the information which might be accessed from or stored on your device by Monument Tracker, you may wish to only access Monument Tracker content through a web browser and review your web browser settings.
This Privacy & cookies Policy may be updated from time to time so you may wish to check it each time you submit personal information to Monument Tracker. The date of the most recent revisions will appear on this page. If you do not agree to these changes, please do not continue to use Monument Tracker websites to submit personal information to Monument Tracker. You can also delete your Monument Tracker account at any time – please see section 11 for details. If material changes are made to the Privacy & cookies Policy, for instance affecting how we would like to use your personal information, we will provide a more prominent notice (including, for certain services, email notification of Privacy & cookies Policy changes).
Some areas, such as Monument Tracker charity appeals have their own Privacy & cookies Policy which you should also read before submitting your personal information.
In relation to Monument Tracker Worldwide, this Privacy & cookies Policy only applies to its use of data collected via the international version of Monument Tracker website, Monument-Tracker.com, which is accessed by users from outside the France and EU.
We will take all steps we deem to be reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy & cookies Policy. We seek to ensure that we keep your personal data accurate and up to date. However, you are responsible for informing us of any changes to your personal data and other information (such as a change in contact details).
While we take these steps to maintain the security of your information, you should be aware of the many information security risks that exist and take appropriate care to help safeguard your information. The nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit to us electronically, and any transmission is at your own risk. We store information you provide to us on secure servers and deploy appropriate technical and organisational security measures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data to try to prevent unauthorised access or loss
You may revoke your consent to the processing of your data at any time by sending an email to dataprotection@Monument-Tracker.com. You may ask us at any time for information about any personal data we hold about you, or ask us to correct or delete that information.
Any changes we may make to our Privacy & cookies Policy in the future will be posted on this page and where appropriate notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy & cookies Policy.
Hereafter the rights you own regarding your personal data we may process:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
As mentioned in Section 12 we need proofs of identity to proceed according to your request. Some of those rights fulfillments are subjects to some additional conditions and conformity with the law.
If you any questions or comments about this Privacy & cookies Policy please contact:
4 allée des cormorans